Amadeus says it will take inspiration from its latest research into the 21st century leisure travel market in developing its new technology products for the industry.
The technology provider and GDS used this year’s WTM to launch its latest Amadeus Travel Insight whitepaper into the modern traveller.
This came out of a series of CEO roundtables in the run up to the annual trade show and covered by Travolution as part of our global media partnership with the Travel Tech at WTM show-within-a-show.
Run in tandem with the debates was a new Travel Experiences Awards programme which sought to honour the best experience in each of the categories covered in the whitepaper.
Speaking on a panel of industry experts ahead of the awards ceremony yesterday, Diane Bouzebiba (pictured), UK managing director of Amadeus, said: “The days of a leisure traveller coming to your website and saying I want to go from X to Y on a certain date have clearly gone. We have moved on now and we are looking at more inspirational search.
“Amadeus has services that can serve this sector. We are widening the choice for the consumer. What’s important from a technology point of view is you have strong plumbing.”
Bouzebiba said Amadeus now hopes to widen the research beyond the UK.
“The whole point of this was to bring people together. I have been overwhelmed with the goodwill and knowledge people have brought to this. We will be building this into our technology strategy.”
The 10 winners of the Experience Awards were:
- The Pink Shell Beach Resort, Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Stress Free Family Holidays
- The Sarojin, Thailand. Honeymoon
- Tourismo de Lisbon. City Break on a Budget
- Quark Expeditions. Blow The Budget
- Jamaica. Cruise Destination
- Flanders. Accessible Travel
- Wilderness Safaris, Namibia. Authentic Travel
- Hong Kong. Two Hours to Spare on a Business Trip
- The Aurora Bubble, Finland. Room With A View
- Tongabezi, Victoria Falls. Adrenalin Junkie.
The 10 winners all get a video blogger to experience the winning product who will create content to promote it.