Skyscanner has added hotel and car hire search to its existing flights app.
The Edinburgh-based metasearch giants says the move comes as the trend for both searching and booking travel on mobile has accelerated dramatically in recent years.
Skyscanner apps having been downloaded over 40 million times worldwide. Almost half of all Skyscanner searches in the UK are now made using a mobile device, while the last year alone has seen a 38% increase in people booking via smartphones in the UK.
Balint Orosz, head of app product, at Skyscanner said: “At Skyscanner we believe it’s important to continue to innovate and develop technology as the needs of our customers evolve.
“We’ve incorporated all of the learnings and user feedback from our standalone hotels and car hire apps into this new, upgraded offering, making it the ultimate app to serve all your travel needs.”
Skyscanner said its app will “continue to deliver personalised, relevant and inspirational travel information, in addition to exciting brand new features designed to save travellers time and money”.
New money saving features include:
• Summer holiday deals: listing options per month from a chosen airport;
• City breaks: The cheapest options for a last minute weekend city break;
• Everywhere: For those with set travel dates yet totally flexible on destination;
• Timeline view: Allows travellers to find the best flight options for the near future.
A Quick Search section also has a number of time-saving features, including:
• Hotels and car search sync;
• Revamped hotels booking view;
• Instant flight search;
• A ratings filter