Laterooms.com has declared Hotel Football at Manchester United’s Old Trafford ground as the best hotel for business in its annual Simply the Guest Awards.
Claiming to be the only hospitality awards based purely on genuine customer reviews, the accolades are handed out based on the feedback from guests over the past 12 months.
As a result Hotel Football topped the table for business travellers, the property is owned by members of United’s ‘Class of ‘92’, Phil Neville, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and Ryan Giggs.
Paul Walsh, general manager at Hotel Football, said: “Exceptional customer service is at the heart of Hotel Football and we empower our staff to customise each guest’s stay, whether it be decorating rooms for birthdays and anniversaries or putting treats and welcome-back notes in the rooms of regular business customers.
“We strive to create an exciting and surprising hotel for all our guests and we recruit our staff differently by looking for people who don’t necessarily have hospitality experience but just the raw passion, personality and character we know it takes to deliver world class customer service in our own style.
“The friendliness of our staff is what comes through in the reviews time and time again and I’m so delighted to have won this award as it’s testament to how hard the team work here to deliver a great stay for all guests.”
Laterooms.com spokeswoman, Andrea Tarpey, said: “Guest experience is the single most important measure of how well a hotel is performing and being named as a Simply The Guest Awards winner places the Hotel Football firmly as the nation’s best loved business hotel.
“The Laterooms.com Simply the Guest Awards are the only industry accolade to be decided solely by genuine guest reviews, so this really is an achievement and celebrates the team’s absolute dedication to guest satisfaction over the past year.”
Hotel Football is described as smart and unfussy, modern and stylish. It offers unique facilities like the rooftop football pitch, ‘Heaven’ where meetings and events can be held, and the Old Trafford Supporters Club basement bar .
The hotel offers modern day essentials like free Wi-Fi and parking and, of course sports fans, are well catered for with full BT Sports and Sky Sports packages offered as standard in each room.
LateRooms’ annual hotel awards were launched in 2012 and seek to reward the highest standards in the hotel industry across a number of categories and claim to be the only ones in the UK to focus solely on reviews and ratings left by guests.
Customers are only able to leave a review after they have completed their stay at the hotel.
You can see all of the Simply The Guest Awards winners and finalists at LateRoomsAwards.com.
Business hotel finalists:
1. Hotel Football, Manchester
2. citizenM Glasgow hotel
3. The Kings Head Hotel – A JD Wetherspoon Hotel
4. The Liner at Liverpool
5. Park Plaza Cardiff
6. The Z Hotel Liverpool
7. Radisson BLU Hotel Cardiff
8. Ramada Telford Ironbridge
9. The Z Hotel Victoria
10. Ramada Plaza Southport
All category winners:
• Airport Hotel – The Stanwell, Heathrow
• Best Apartments – Posh Pads, Liverpool
• Bed & Breakfast – Crich Lane Farm, Alfreton
• Beach Hotel – The New Anchorage, Whitby
• Boutique Hotel – The Howard, Edinburgh
• Budget Hotel – The Portland Hotel, Chesterfield
• Business Hotel – Hotel Football, Manchester
• City Centre Hotel – Brooks Guesthouse, Bristol
• Countryside Hotel – Queens Head Kettlesing, Harrogate
• Customer Service – The Full English Guesthouse, Whitby
• Family Friendly Hotel – Spalite Hotel, Gloucester
• Golf Hotel – The Vale Golf and Country Club, Pershore
• Historic Hotel – The Mount Royale Hotel & Spa, York
• Hostel – Mor Lodge, Newquay
• Luxury Hotel – The Shankly Hotel, Liverpool
• Most Improved Hotel – Travelodge, Tunbridge Wells
• Pet Friendly Hotel – The Boars Head, Harrogate
• Romantic Hotel – Channings, Edinburgh
• Spa Hotel – Thurnham Hall by Diamonds Resorts, Lancaster
• Best European Hotel – H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel, Barcelona
• Best Asian Hotel – Melia Dubai, Dubai