Shortlists have been unveiled for the Young Entrepreneur and Young Manager of the Year awards at this year’s Travel and Hospitality Hall of Fame.
Seven leading individuals will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at the awards, which honour rising talent in the industry.
Previous winners of the young entrepreneur award include James Cole of Cruise 118, Chris Loughlin of Travelzoo, Cheapflights’ Hugo Burge, Attraction Tickets Direct’s Oliver Brendon and Renaldo Scheepers, of A2B Travel Extras.
Previous winners of the young manager award include Katherine Gershon and Jeannette Linfoot, both then at Thomas Cook, Tom O’Connor, of Travelzoo and Alex White, of Princess Cruises. Last year’s winner was Omar Allibhoy of Tapas Revolution (pictured).
The shortlist for the 2016 Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award is:
• Serena Guen, founder and chief executive, Suitcase Magazine
• Daniel Willis and Johny Smith, owners, The Clove Club
• Sam Bruce, co-founder, Better Adventures
• Jeremy Jauncey, founder, Beautiful Destinations
• Harry Hastings, co-founder and joint managing director, Ocean Holidays
• Randel Darby, founder and chief executive, Portr
The Young Manager of the Year shortlist is:
• Chris Broderick, general manager, Jurys Inn Oxford
• Craig Jackson, general manager, Northcote
• Will Prosser, senior European commercial manager – mobile, Tui Group
• Daniele Quattromini, Club Lounge 39 manager, CH&Co Group/Lusso Catering
• Tim Axe, business development director, BaxterStorey
This year the awards will take place at London’s Dorchester Hotel on Monday, April 25.
Inductees from the travel industry will be Peter Stephens, founder of DialAFlight, Manfredi Lefebvre, chairman of Silversea Cruises and Chris Photi, head of travel & leisure at White Hart Associates.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will also pick up the prestigious business achievement award.
For more information and to book tickets, click here.