Leisure airline Monarch has released a new version of its mobile app for Apple and Android devices with enhanced ‘in-airport’ features.
The app was originally launched in April to support the airline’s corporate aim of making flying fun again and has been downloaded 50,000 times.
Monarch says the facility is the first airline app to make use of Google’s inside airport terminal maps, with Birmingham being the first to be included.
Future iterations of the app will offer online check-in, push notifications about flights and online bookings management, said Monarch.
The new version includes:
- Enhanced airport information with an interactive airport map of Birmingham airport and others to follow.
- The ability to find, view and save flight bookings – using your email address and booking reference number
- Banner messages – to keep users up to date with current promotions and news so that you never miss an offer or discount
- Improved currency convertor
- Additional postcard options
Kevin George, managing director of Monarch Airlines, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer customers a new version of our app.
“There have been more than 50,000 downloads since its launch back in April with the app peaking at number two in the top 50 travel apps.
“The feedback we have received has been extremely positive with customers commenting particularly on the usefulness of the flight status tracker, find my car, the currency convertor and directions to and from the airport.
“Much of the feedback has contributed to the enhancements in this latest version which we are sure our customers will find even more useful.”