The best deals offered by travel suppliers were honoured at the second annual Travelzoo UK Awards in London last night.
The team behind the deals website’s Top 20 weekly email judged the awards in nine categories including Travelzoo’s new flash sale Local Deals service.
The awards were handed out at a ceremony at the Rhodes W1 restaurant in London. Deals judged to have offered the best value, quality, appeal and reliability were picked out as winners.
Joel Brandon-Bravo, Travelzoo’s UK managing director, said: “The task of choosing the winners was unbelievably tough this year as travel and entertainment companies really pulled out the stops to bring Travelzoo subscribers some amazing deals over the past 12 months.
“Travelzoo is committed to bringing its 2.5 million UK subscribers the best of the best — we are delighted to be able to recognise those companies who have consistently worked with us to deliver on this promise.”
The full list of winners was:
• Best UK Hotel Deal – The Hotel & Extreme Academy, Watergate Bay, Cornwall
• Best International Hotel Deal – Radisson Blu, Split, Croatia
• Best Local Deal (London) – Gordon Ramsay’s Maze Restaurant
• Best Local Deal (UK) – Tom’s Champagne Bar, Manchester
• Best Getaway Deal – Solis Lough Eske Castle, Ireland
• Leading Provider of Flight Deals – Lufthansa
• Leading Provider of Short Haul Holiday Deals – Broadway Travel
• Leading Provider of Long Haul Holiday Deals – The Holiday Place
• Leading Provider of Cruise Deals – Iglu Cruise